Five favourite links, 19th February
After a brief hiatus we're reintroducing our Five Favourite Links, a weekly post showcasing some of the blog posts, sites and techniques we've enjoyed over the last week or so.
- The Arsenal is a fascinating and clever microsite from the New York Times looking at the equipment used across the various sports in the Sochi Winter Olympics.
- Labcase is a really handy resource for those unable to set up their own device lab. From £50/week this could prove a really affordable way to test responsive web projects across a range of popular devices.
- We're massive fans of the folk at Viget and Doug Avery's post on creating a Groundhog Day-esque flipping countdown in CSS is a really nice technique.
- We use ExpressionEngine on most of our projects at Mud so it is great to see an EE event in Europe this year, hosted in Leiden by the connoisseur's choice of add-on developers, Low. If you work with EE then Gee Up looks like a cracking event so hopefully see you in June!
- At Mud we love our coffee and are massive fans of the Aeropress so check out this comprehensive post on the Daily Grind about the perfect Aeropress formula.