Junior/graduate back-end developer
This is a new role at Mud supporting the technical director with back-end and CMS development. We are a small, successful agency based in the centre of Bath working with a fantastic range of clients from local businesses to global brands.
You will be involved in every stage of the project from planning out and building sites through testing/QA, deployment, delivery and post-launch support. You will typically be working on 2-3 projects at a time and work closely with our front-end developers integrating their template code into content-managed sites and dynamic web applications.
You will be enthusiastic about web development and excited about new tools, techniques and technologies but know when this distracts from Getting Things Done. You must be self-motivated, organised and focused in your work but happy collaborating with others.
We are offering
We’re offering a competitive salary and generous holidays. We support personal development, conference attendance and hold regular dev days to learn new skills and support team building.
Salary is reviewed annually in line with performance.
You will be able to
- Build dynamic sites with PHP
- Work with relational databases, ideally MySQL
- Experience integrating front-end templates into Content Management Systems
It would be nice if you have experience of
- Working with Craft CMS or ExpressionEngine
- MVC approach to PHP development and working with frameworks such as Laravel
- Using version control systems, notably Git
- Configuring and working with LAMP/Apache/Nginx server hosting
- Working/integrating with third-party APIs
- Building and working with eCommerce websites, payment gateways, etc
Mud are a growing digital agency based in the centre of Bath working with a range of interesting clients. Shortlisted for Best New Agency in 2014's .net awards we work closely with clients to build engaging and beautiful digital products.
Please email your CV - outlining your skills, experience (including examples of your work) and interests along with links to Github and Twitter profiles (if relevant) - and a covering letter to email@example.com
£20k–24k p.a depending on experience
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES