Senior Front-End Developer Position
Mud are a creative, digital agency based in the centre of the historic city of Bath. A growing team, we work with a range of interesting clients from NGOs and charities to SMEs and e-commerce sites (and many other acronyms too!). And we work as digital partners for a number of internationally renowned creative agencies.
You will help produce great quality front-end code, working in collaboration with our existing senior developers realising our designs and pushing the creative opportunities of code whilst adhering to best practices in accessibility, UX, usability and front-end development.
Whilst we expect you to bring your own experience and perspective, it is essential that you feel comfortable sharing your work and ideas with others. We have a starting codebase for projects but this is a living, breathing and collaborative entity that evolves with every project.
You will be comfortable working to deadlines, self-motivated and able to manage your own time and responsibilities but also happy working with our developers imparting wisdom, experience and other useful nuggets.
What are we offering?
A relaxed yet fast paced and fun working environment, where you will be regularly challenged and constantly developing your skillset. We’re not just about the work though, and have regular team days out and social activities.
We’re offering a competitive salary (£30-35k, depending on experience), generous holidays and a workplace pension scheme. We support conference attendance and encourage our staff to look for training opportunities to learn new skills. Salary is reviewed annually in line with performance.
Necessary skills and requirements
- Minimum of 4 years working in an agency environment
- Solid understanding of CSS and Sass
- Good knowledge of HTML5, and how to use it properly
- Solid understanding of Adobe CS, specifically Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Gulp or other task managers. Familiarity with webpack a bonus
- Experience working with Git version control
- Good communication skills - a polite friendly manner goes a long way
- A positive, easy going attitude
Nice to have …
- Modular, component-based approach to CSS and JS, e.g. BEM
- HTML Preprocessors: e.g. Nunjucks/Pug
- Experience with Vue/React and accompanying ecosystems
- Experience of implementing full sites using a Content Management System
- Experience working with Twig/Craft CMS a bonus
The role will be based in our Bath office. No full-time remote working, sorry.
Please apply by email to email@example.com with a CV, covering letter, link to Github profile/examples of work and salary expectations. If you'd like to have an informal chat through the role first, please pick up the phone and give Matt or Cole a call on 01225 471 465.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE!