Mud are a fast growing digital agency in the South West, based in beautiful Bath. We're offering a salary of up to £45k for an enthusiastic web developer, ideally with good knowledge of Craft CMS (or a similar platform) to join our team.
You’ll be proficient in PHP, you'll know your way around a web server; building a solution that performs well for both our client and our client's users. We’ll give you an easy going, fun place to work, and a variety of interesting projects to work on.
We are a creative digital agency with a reputation for producing beautiful, impactful work. A small team of experts, we work with a range of interesting clients from film studios to schools, charities to SMEs, e-commerce and educational campaigns. And we work as digital partners for a number of internationally renowned creative agencies.
We love creating beautiful, engaging, award winning websites. And we take pride in the close relationships we develop with our clients - in our experience, collaborative approaches always lead to the best work.
You’ll be building websites from the ground up, predominantly on the Craft CMS platform, and working with our team of developers to develop features and functionality. You will be involved throughout the project, from the planning stage through to testing/QA, deployment, delivery and post-launch support. You’ll be involved in developing testing systems for our more complex projects, managing deployments and ensuring technical integrity for data collection and processing pieces.
You will typically be working on 2-3 projects at a time integrating high quality front-end code into content management systems and dynamic web apps, and developing custom plugins and features where required.
You'll also be working with the team in supporting our catalogue of existing sites and providing ongoing support to our project managers and clients.
You will be enthusiastic about web development and excited about new tools, techniques and technologies but know when this distracts from Getting Things Done. You must be self-motivated, organised and focused in your work but happy collaborating with others.
What are we offering?
A relaxed yet fast-paced, collaborative and fun working environment, where you will be regularly challenged and helped to develop your skill set. We strive to produce the best work we can – no cutting corners, we take pride in making our work the best it can be.
We’re not just about the work though. We organise regular team days, a variety of social activities and set ourselves fun side projects to learn new skills and scratch those itches (such as On The Plane and 2020 Visionaries).
What you'll get
- A salary of between £35k - £45k, depending on experience
- A range of exciting projects to work on, for a mix of clients big and small
- A sensible work / life balance - no mad Friday night deadlines here, we know a successful creative agency can be run on a normal 7.5 hour routine
- 23 days holiday, and usually extra time off around Xmas. Plus your birthday off
- Pension Scheme with employer contributions
- Flexible working and remote working opportunities (now, obviously, but ongoing as well)
- Constant opportunities to learn - we support our team to develop as much as we can
- A £500 'curiosity and inspiration' training budget
- A supportive and friendly working environment
- Regular socials
Necessary skills and requirements
- Experience in building websites using the Craft CMS (or similar CMS/application)
- Experience developing custom PHP with Yii or similar framework (eg Laravel)
- Using version control systems, notably Git
- Configuring and working with LAMP/Nginx server hosting and DNS
- Building and working with eCommerce websites, payment gateways, etc
- Working/integrating with third-party APIs including authentication
- Organisational skills to make most effective use of your time
- Knowledge of build tools (Gulp etc)
Nice to haves
- Working with composer package library
- Experience with Wordpress
- Good knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience building out APIs from CMS platforms
- Familiarity with other front-end technologies (React/Vue)
The role will be based in our Bath office when we can all safely return, but we’re open to a mix of remote working part time, and fully supportive of remote working in the short term.
Please email your CV - outlining your skills, experience (including examples of your work) and interests along with a link to your Github profiles (if relevant) - and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE!