Mud are a leading digital agency in the South West, based in beautiful Bath. We're offering a salary of up to £40k for an enthusiastic front-end developer to join our team.
We are a creative digital agency with a reputation for producing beautiful, impactful work. A small team of experts, we work with a range of interesting clients from film studios to schools, charities to SMEs and e-commerce sites. And we work as digital partners for a number of internationally renowned creative agencies.
We love creating beautiful, engaging, award winning websites. And we take pride in the close relationships we develop with our clients - in our experience, collaborative approaches always lead to the best work.
You will help produce great quality front-end code, working in collaboration with our existing developers realising our designs and pushing the creative opportunities of code whilst adhering to best practices in accessibility, UX, usability and front-end development.
You will work producing front-end production-ready templates for use across a range of modern browser and devices. You will have experience testing across desktop, tablet and mobile and appreciate the subtleties of implementing a design responsively.
You’ll be confident with animation and using code to create a fluid, pleasurable user experience. We won’t just shoehorn effects in for the sake of it, but well used interactions can significantly enhance the UX, and we want you to understand how and when to use them. Page transitions, SVG animations and unique hover effects should all be part of your toolkit.
Whilst we expect you to bring your own experience and perspective, it is essential that you feel comfortable sharing your work and ideas with others. You will be comfortable working to deadlines, self-motivated and able to manage your own time and responsibilities but also happy working with our other developers imparting wisdom, experience and other useful nuggets.
What are we offering?
A relaxed yet fast paced and fun working environment, where you will be regularly challenged and helped to develop your skillset. We strive to produce the best work we can – no cutting corners, we take pride in making our work the best it can be.
We’re not just about the work though. We organise regular team days (when we can), a variety of social activities (ordinarily) and set ourselves fun side projects to learn new skills and scratch those itches (such as On The Plane and 2020 Visionaries)
We’re offering a competitive salary, flexible working, generous holidays and a workplace pension scheme. We support conference attendance and encourage our staff to look for training opportunities to learn new skills. Salary is reviewed annually in line with performance.
What you'll get
- A salary of between £30k - £40k, depending on experience
- A range of exciting projects to work on, for a mix of clients big and small
- A sensible work / life balance - no mad Friday night deadlines here, we know a successful creative agency can be run on a normal 7.5 hour routine
- 23 days holiday, and usually extra time off around Xmas, and your birthday off
- Pension Scheme with employer contributions
- Flexible working and remote working opportunities (now, obviously, but ongoing as well)
- Constant opportunities to learn - we support our team to develop as much as we can
- A £500 'curiosity and inspiration' training budget
- A supportive and friendly working environment
- Regular socials
Necessary skills and requirements
- Minimum of 3 years working in an agency environment
- Solid understanding of HTML / CSS and Sass
- Experience with either React or Vue, and their respective frontend frameworks
- Good working knowledge of Git
- Good communication skills - a polite friendly manner goes a long way
- A positive, easy going attitude
Nice to have …
- Experience with Tailwind CSS
- Understand RESTful APIs / GraphQL
- Nginx / Server configs
- Experience of implementing full sites using a Content Management System
- Experience working with Twig/Craft CMS a bonus
- Understanding of PHP
- Understanding of UX / Design concepts
The role would be based in our Bath office but open to UK based candidates looking for remote working opportunities.
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV, covering letter, link to Github profile/examples of work and salary expectations. If you'd like to have an informal chat through the role first, please pick up the phone and give Matt or Cole a call on 01225 471 465.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE!