We’re looking for a meticulous UX / UI Designer to join our team.
Mud are a curiously creative digital agency based in a fantastic modern studio in beautiful Bath. We love creating beautiful, engaging, award winning websites. We’re a growing team who work with a range of interesting clients from film studios to schools, charities to SMEs and e-commerce sites. And we work as digital partners for a number of internationally renowned creative agencies.
What we’re looking for
We’re on the lookout for an experienced, talented, enthusiastic and motivated UX / UI Designer to join our friendly team. You’ll work closely with our Creative Director and Digital Designer on highly creative, conceptually strong but beautifully usable websites that make a real lasting difference for our clients.
- Be a great creative thinker and meticulous with your visual designs
- Manage project kickoffs, distilling user needs into actionable requirements
- Create user stories, user journeys, summaries of requirements, user friendly sitemaps and content plans
- Create wireframes and functional prototypes using XD / Sketch / Invision
- Present creative work and take ownership of the design process
- Have the ability to bring life to your designs using animations, transitions and micro-interactions
- Have a good understanding of the best practices in, and the potential of, web typography
- Work in collaboration with our digital designer and development team to explore ways to maximise visual impact while adhering to solid user experience principles
- Create coherent design systems that lead to efficient development practices
- Communicate effectively with developers to understand both opportunities and constraints
- Have a way with words - Good copy is such a key part of a successful website interface
- Get involved in QA for both visual and functional aspects of our websites
- Have at least 5 years experience in relevant roles
- Give you a range of exciting projects to work on, for a mix of clients big and small
- Provide a sensible work / life balance - no mad Friday night deadlines here, we know a successful creative agency can be run on a normal 9-5:30 routine
- Offer a salary of between £35k - £45k, depending on experience
- Give 23 days holiday, and usually extra time off around Xmas
- And an additional birthday day off
- Set you up with a pension scheme with employer contributions
- Help out with flexible and remote working opportunities – including a contribution towards a home working setup and monthly running costs
- Give you constant opportunities to learn - we support our team to develop as much as we can
- Give you a £500 'curiosity and inspiration' training budget
- Provide a supportive and friendly working environment
- Take the team out for regular socials (when we can get back together again)
How to apply
If this sounds like something for you, then please send us your portfolio and a short introduction email to email@example.com - or just give us a call if you'd like to find out more.
No agency folks please!