We’re looking for an enthusiastic and talented mid-weight Digital Designer to join our team.
Mud are a curiously creative, digital agency based in the centre of the historic city of Bath. A growing team, we work with a range of interesting clients from film studios to schools, charities to SMEs and e-commerce sites. And we work as digital partners for a number of internationally renowned creative agencies.
We love creating beautiful, engaging, award winning websites. And we take pride in the close relationships we develop with our clients - in our experience collaborative approaches always lead to the best work.
In a nutshell
We’re looking for a talented, enthusiastic and motivated Digital Designer with a strong understanding of UX and UI design to join our friendly team. You’ll work closely with our Creative Director and designer on highly creative, conceptually strong but beautifully usable websites that make a real lasting difference for our clients.
We're looking for someone who...
- Has a genuine passion for digital design
- Has at least 3 years experience working in a creative studio on digital design projects
- Has a strong portfolio of work showcasing creative ability as well as pragmatic and usable website designs
- Has proven experience in UX design and wireframing, and is comfortable with prototyping and planning user journeys
- Understands the potential of digital design, but also the constraints we work within in terms of accessibility and usability
- Is comfortable being client facing and communicating their ideas
- Is self motivated and self disciplined, and prospers in a team environment
- Has a friendly personality - a good attitude goes a long way!
It would be handy if…
- You have an understanding of how your designs will be built (ie, how code is put together - you don’t have to know how to code!)
- You know your way around Adobe After Effects or similar motion design software
- You have a way with words - Good copy is such a key part of a successful website interface
- A range of exciting projects to work on, for a mix of clients big and small
- A sensible work / life balance - no mad Friday night deadlines here, we know a successful creative agency can be run on a normal 9-5:30 routine
- A salary of between £30k - £35k, depending on experience
- 23 days holiday, and usually extra time off around Xmas
- Additional birthday day off
- Pension Scheme with employer contributions
- Flexible working and remote working opportunities
- Constant opportunities to learn - we support our team to develop as much as we can
- A £500 'curiousity and inspiration' training budget
- A supportive and friendly working environment
- Regular socials
If that sounds like something you’d enjoy, then please send us your portfolio and a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org - or just give us a call if you'd like to find out more!
No agency folks please!